League of Legends, known as LOL in gamer communities and around the globe. Developed by Riot Games, League is one of the biggest esports titles in the world, with one of the biggest prize pools. There’s always enough action to get you hooked, so there’s never a bad time to try your luck and bet on some LOL.
Loading Esports Matches
League of Legends betting is very simple and there are many ways to win money betting on League of Legends. In essence, you vouch for who you think is going to win, and if it happens you get your money back with a return based on the odds.
Odds are generated based on multiple factors, including the previous history of the teams, player performance, current number of bets placed and many more. Your returns are determined by the bet multiplied on the odds of the team.
You can bet on LOL in various ways including, betting on competitive matches, betting with cosmetic goods such as skins as well as trade various items with bots and other players for a chance to get something big in return.
LOL Betting Seasons
With the start of every competitive season of League of Legends, betting season opens. Bettors can place bets throughout the regular playoffs and all the bets are taken in the form of best-of the game. Some leagues will use best-of-two and some will use best-of-three format.
With growing popularity of LoL, international tournaments are getting popular as well. A lot of teams play cross country, and sometimes you see teams being formed from international players. This improves the skills level within the team but reduces the communication. Before placing your bets, make sure you know the team and every member very well.
There are dedicated League of Legends betting sites out there that will let you bet on competitive eSports matches using real money, cryptocurrency, or in-game items such as virtual currency. These sites will display the odds of winning and act as a broker for League of Legends wagers.
Comparing different League of Legends betting sites is important because they offer different features, incentives, and chances of success. Here are some of the biggest reasons to go to betting sites:
Sites can sometimes offer bonuses like deposit bonuses, new user bonuses, and cashback bonuses depending on their policy.
Popular sites will have bigger prize pools as well as a built-up reputation.
Sites offer different betting types that will focus on things like match outcome, event outcome, tournament outcome, or in-game stats like player score, kills, etc.
More people betting on a site means that the betting pool will be larger, but it also decreases the chances of winning compared to when there are fewer people.
eSports focused sites will only offer eSports betting while other sites might offer betting on traditional sports as well.
The only big difference between eSports betting sites and traditional sports betting is how odds are calculated. eSports will use experts from the gaming industry while traditional sports use sports analysts.
League of Legends betting bonuses are rewards given by betting sites in the form of cash back, bonus money, and much more. They’re given to users to encourage more betting and add incentive for loyal customers.
Bonuses are important to League of Legends gambling because they help you increase your winnings as much as possible.
A percent bonus gives you a percentage of your deposit back as a bonus, typically 25% to 200%.
A no deposit bonus is when a site gives you extra money before making a deposit.
New user bonus is given to those that have just signed up for the site. This can be a small amount of money or a discount on the first bet.
Loyal users are given an old users bonus for sticking with the site for so long. This is usually in the form of credit that can be used towards a bet.
Some sites will give you an amount of money for placing your first bet.
You can bet on League of Legends matches using real money through different payment methods depending on the betting site. You can usually receive great bonuses for using real money to bet on games.
If you’re unsure about putting real money down for betting, then you can use practice accounts. These allow you to start looking at how gambling works and what the process is like before investing money into it.
Aside from real money you can also use in-game items to bet with. You can use things like skins or other items as a virtual currency on betting sites.
Another way of betting on the game is through case openings. You can open cases you’ve received in the game for a chance to win high ticket in-game items.
Betting on League of Legends is probably the quickest way to earn some money. You can bet at various points of the League game by placing bets on various events, we call these betting markets. Below you will find a list of all the betting markets available for League of Legends.
- Match Winner – You place a bet on a player who you think will win the game.
- First Blood – Here you place a bet on a player who you think will make a first kill during that match.
- First team to get 10 kills – You’re betting on League of Legends team who you believe will get the first 10 kills.
- Most Kills – In this market you place a bet on a team that will get the most kills during the game.
- Team to slay first dragon – Your bets are placed on the team who will be first to slay a dragon.
- Team to destroy the first tower – You’re placing a bet on the team that you think will destroy the first enemy tower during the match.
- Total kills scored – Here you place a bet on the kill count of a team to be higher or lower than the one provided by your chosen LOL bookmaker.
- Tournament Winner – You place a bet on the team that will the game. Simpe.
If you don’t want to risk losing money right away then you can try a practice account for betting purposes. These accounts are popular among new users which help them get familiarity with the betting process.
Practice accounts are demo accounts that let you bet as you normally would but don’t take any deposit or return any rewards.
These accounts are good because they let the user understand how betting works before they pour their time and money in. But these accounts can be bad for setting unrealistic expectations and outcomes.
Not every provider will offer these accounts as a feature. However, a lot of the major betting providers will include these with their service.
Skin betting is where you place your cosmetic items such as skins as your bet instead of real money. Due to a high number of scam websites, this method is considered to be the least popular and is unsafe. This is because there is no way to control where and who receives the skin after you place them as a bet. Because of this, we’re not reviewing any of the skin betting sites, or advising you to use them.
Instead, you can participate in skin trading where players place their cosmetic items and trade them for a better/more needed items. The best part of all, you can combine items from various games and receive items for the game you need. Once you acquire the desired item, you can transfer it to your steam account.
You can trade skins using a bot powered websites or sites where people trade each other for items. Bot powered websites will automatically circulate items placed by other players and trades happen automatically. Player 2 player trading sites are powered by people, where items are manually placed for a trade and you have to manually approve or decline a transaction.
If you’re not satisfied with skin trading and want a bit of adrenaline, we suggest you use one of the LOL betting sites we’ve outlined above.
Case openings is a very popular method to acquire various ingame items. It is a form of gambling where players buy different types of cases of different values and in return they test the luck to get a rare and expensive loot.
Unfortunately, There are no official case opening sites for League of Legends. Only games by Valve such as Counter Strike and Dota 2 allow you to participate in case openings on various gambling sites.
League of Legends has an ingame built system with mystery boxes “Hextech Chests”. Players can earn Hextech Chests through playing and high Champion Mastery scores, as well as buying them in the ingame store. To unlock the Hextech Chests, players need keys that can be acquired through playing any matchmade game. Use the keys to unlock the Hextech Chests and have a chance to receive essence, shards and permanents.
Odds in League of Legends betting refer to the chance of winning or losing in a gambling scenario. It’s a number that represents how likely it is for a team to win. It also helps you understand how much money you will win based on your betting amount.
Odds are calculated using a complicated method that involves comparing different statistics. The previous performance for each team is considered and then calculated using statistics and probability formulas.
For example, if a betting provider wants to calculate the odds for Fnatic, they will look at past matches, roster changes, wins & losses, consistency, and other factors to draw up odds using probability.
Each betting provider has a different method of calculating their odds. They can take different factors into effect or use different techniques. This is why odds can be different for different providers.
When betting on League of Legends, it is important to understand the difference between betting methods available. We’ve briefly explained different betting markets, but it’s important to understand what is offered by your chosen esports gambling company.
Different bookies will offer different types of bets you can place. You should always look for these options when choosing your esports bookmaker. Types of LoL bets include:
Money line bets are bets placed on the outcome of a team vs. team matchup. The odds for this type of bet are calculated on team strength. They’re the most simple and common types of bets.
These bets focus on the overall outcome of a team. This can involve winning the tournament or making it to the finals.
Accumulator bets are a collection of smaller bets grouped together. In these bets, winners will have their odds multiplied to get a bigger reward.
Special bets are focused on the win/loss of specific events. Examples include total score, map winner, and number of kills. These bets can be a bit difficult for a new user to grasp.
These bets are placed only when the match has begun. They’re similar to special bets in which bets are made on specific outcomes of events. You can bet on things like player scores or kills at the end of the match.
Betting can be a risky business that involves chance and probability with a possibility of losing your money. Another major risk is running into scams and fraud. It’s important to remember that some sites and providers can scam you out of your money or give you a smaller payout than promised.
How to protect yourself from fraud?
Stay Informed: Make sure you know everything related to betting before you decide to put your money down. Learn all there is to the process, the types of gambling, and how odds work.
Practice: Before you use any real money, make sure to try practice accounts. These will get you used to the ins and outs of betting before you get started.
Research Providers: Not all providers are honest. Some can have a history of scamming or fraud. It’s important to read up opinions about providers on social media and do some research before you sign up.
How to identify and avoid scam sites?
- Read their reviews on our website. We’ve made a comprehensive list of all the most trusted providers.
- Look at their past reputation
- Watch out for bold claims and guaranteed outcomes
- Aggressive marketing and ad-spamming
- Offering bonuses that sound too good to be true
- Shady rules and conditions
When betting on an eSports game, it’s crucial to pick the right team. If you plan on winning the bet, you have to know a team that stacks up against the rest. You have to know what players are on the team and how they perform as well as what their past performance statistics look like.
- FunPlus Phoenix
- SK Telecom T1
- G2 Esports
- Team Liquid
- Top – Wunder
- Jungle – Jankos
- Mid – Caps
- Bot – Perkz
- Support – Mikyx
- Find the Teams You Like: Find a team that you think has the kind of gameplay you enjoy. It’ll be helpful for finding consistent teams and also make betting more enjoyable.
- Past Performance: Look at the team’s previous wins and losses to see what were the reasons for bad performance. This can help you find out if the team performs well and if there’s something to look out for.
- Watch Matches: Watching matches will give you the ground reality of what a League of Legends match actually looks like. It will also be useful in making team performance more familiar with yourself.
- Watch Tournaments: Tournaments help you figure out how a particular team performs against top players from around the world and what outcomes can arise from matchups.
- Chances and Rates of Losing: A win/loss ratio is great at finding out how consistent a team is in its performance.
- Each Team Has A Chance to Lose No Matter How Good It Might Be: Keep in mind that all teams have a chance to lose and that it can be useful to know the circumstances in which your team usually ends up losing.
- Hands-on Practice: Playing the game yourself and learning how the mechanics work is critical. It helps you understand which players and teams use the best strategies and mechanics to their advantage.
- Attempt to Play Fantasy Leagues: Fantasy leagues help you get used to the idea of pitting top players against each other in a matchup. You can drastically improve your knowledge of roster changes with this method.
- Use Tools To Help You Make The Decision: Some betting sites will offer tools that generate odds live and show the probability of winning and losing. These tools can be great to pick a well performing team.
- Read Online What Others Are Thinking: You can find helpful tips and advice from other people online that will help you pick good teams.
If you’re planning on getting into League of Legends betting, then it can be important to keep up with eSports news as well as all the up-to-date information from the developer.
Following League of Legends news is important for knowing if a team has lost its players or has had problems that can affect their performance as well as changes in the game’s mechanics.
- Find the Best Betting Provider: Different providers will offer different levels of service with specific bonuses, rewards, and rules. Make sure you have a provider that works well for your needs. Read reviews and opinions online to find out if they are trustworthy and reliable.
- Sign Up: The next step is to sign up for the site. You can follow the links in the table for the site you want to sign up for. Certain sites will even give you a nice little bonus for joining.
- Deposit and Play: Once you’ve signed up, you can deposit your money and start playing. You can claim you bonus and begin making bets. When you win, you can simply cash out and enjoy your earnings.
- You Will Win Some Money and You Will Lose Some Money: Gambling almost never has a guaranteed outcome. That’s why it’s important to not get hung up on wins and losses. Instead, focus on what works and what doesn’t to move forward.
- Research the Top Teams: If you’re planning on betting on teams, you need to know how they perform. Some teams can be good for betting on certain markets but not others. You can only make a clever bet if you understand each team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Research and Follow Top Players: Even within a team, players carry their own strengths and weakness that can affect the overall performance of their team. Certain players may be good for a particular task or they may perform better on a certain map and side. It’s crucial to take these kinds of things in mind when betting.
- Watch eSport Games and Tournaments: Watching games is extremely important when it comes to gambling. It can help you understand how the game works outside of just looking at odds and percentages.
- Try to Make Your Own Odds and Compare to the Ones Provider Gives: Making your own odds not only helps you understand more about the betting process but it also helps to find out if the provider has calculated their odds properly.
- Understand Risk vs Reward: Gambling on anything is always a balancing act of risk and reward. You can put down low risks but you get low rewards in return. Similarly, you can get high rewards at the cost of high risks. It’s important to understand these factors when going into eSports betting.
- Learn to Set Your Betting Budget: Setting your betting budget is a good first step towards betting. Spending blindly can lead to betting all your savings and running out of money. An ideal starting budget can be something that you’re comfortable losing that will also give you decent rewards.
- Don’t Be Afraid Of Using Several Different League of Legends Betting Sites: Different sites have different rules, payouts, bonuses, and prize pools. It can be worth it to explore all your options so that you can find the ones you like.
- Use Social Media Such as Reddit And Facebook to Find All the Info You Can: Social media like Reddit and Facebook is really useful for finding personal opinions and predictions on games, tournaments, and teams.
- Take Bookies Advice with a Pinch of Salt: You shouldn’t blindly trust every bookie you see. Some are less honest about their predictions or promises than others. You should always understand what a bookie stands to gain before taking their advice to heart.