Even though the concept is relatively new, game betting or esports betting has become extremely popular over the years. The esports betting industry is expected to hit $1.5 billion by the end of 2020. It is quite a significant number, considering the fan base for esport betting is still limited. People have the option of choosing plenty of esports and casino betting apps and casually gamble on the go. It is a significant business, which involves money, and professionals and video gaming can get quite competitive.
There are different types of betting in video games, such as “skin betting,” which is when skids are being used for gambling or betting. The skins are tokens, from which you can gamble with. A player can win skins from a game, put it in their virtual wallet and use it for betting on another website as tokens. In some games, the skins can be traded for real money.
Cash betting, on the other hand, is basic: you bet on a game, and if you are correct, you win money. If you are incorrect and lose the bet, you would lose your cash. PUBG betting has recently become quite popular with the players, with many websites that offer players the chance to gamble.
Since most of the esports are competitive, they have “game seasons” where the players have time to get to whichever rank they are capable of. The majority of the games offer rewards to the players when they achieve a certain position in a season. As the game seasons change, there may be certain changes to the gameplay as well. Because of the esports competitiveness, there are also esports tournaments held, where the players take the stage to play the game. There are tournaments like Apex Series, battle.net World Championship Series, Capcom, Dreamhack, and Call of Duty World League, amongst many others.
Casual gamers generally play video games for gun and enter tournaments online where they play in organized contests. These informal and relaxed contests are classified as esports, and this term is used for professional scene. One of the most popular ways of esports betting is with real money; this is similar to how the betting on sports such as football or boxing matches work. You place real money and agreed on terms, and you get paid if your selection is correct. The betting can be on all sorts of outcomes. When it comes to PUBG, there have already been two major tournaments as there are some reliable sites, which allow bets on PUBG. As of now, the most popular bet at PUBG is the “winner of the series” which means you place the bet on the winner of the entire series.
There are certain basic types of betting in esports such as
- Draw, where you place a bet on the outcome of a match result
- Group of winners, where you place a bet on a group which has the final winner of the entire tournament
- Region Winner, here you place a bet on a specific region where the winner is from, and then the tournaments separate them, region wise.
There are other “special” types of esports bets as well, such as:
- First blood, where you place a bet on a team, which is able to score the first, kill of the match
- Knife round, here you place a bet on the team which is able to score the first kill of the pistol round
- Map winner, in this you place a bet on the team who is able to win specified map
There are many other game-specific esport bets as well, which depends on which game you are playing. There are many other PUBG tournaments and events, which are expected to take place in the coming year.
- Moneyline: which is very popular in betting where the wager on which side would win in a certain game which is between two or more opponents. Moneyline betting is one of the traditional forms of sports betting, which means picking which side will be the winner of the match.
- Handicap: is similar to sports betting where the bookmaker would balance the chances of both teams winning by giving the side which is lower ranked, a positive handicap (advantage), and giving the higher-ranking team a negative handicap (disadvantage.)
- Totals: is a form of betting where you bet on specified events in a particular game under or over a figure which is being set by the bookmaker. On each gambling website there are details of the games and the odds which one should consider before making a decision about betting. The PUBG odds are highly important when you have to place a bet. There are many websites such as Betway Sports which offer expertise for those interested in PUBG betting.
- Prop bets (Proposition betting): which includes who will win a particular map, which team will be able to get first blood and which team will be able to slay the first baron
- Futures: such as significant events and winner of esport leagues. Leagues are made of teams, which play games against each other, and the top teams are the ones that move on to the playoffs and then play down for championship, which means some cash bonus.
- Coin Flips: is a betting type used in PUBG games where one on one bets are placed and each player has equal chances of winning.
- PUBG Roulette: is another type of betting game where players take wagers on colors.
Skins are top-rated items, which most players want to trade. They sell for high amounts since they are one of a kind. It allows the players to show their in-game wealth. For hardcore or professional players, it is quite essential to have community recognition in games, similar to what it is like in real life. It is no surprise that the in-game skins industry is worth more than $50 billion!
There are primary and secondary markets for the virtual items from a game, which comprises of video game players buying content directly from the game publishers. Currently, virtual trading is centralized, and if players want to purchase an item, they have to do so through a third party which they can trust, such as a consignment marketplace. This is because there are a lot of counterparty risks involved in peer-to-peer trading, especially when you are buying expensive items.
There is in-game currency in the form of skins in PUBG as well similar to other popular games.
This is a revolutionary step, which has been taken for skin traders and collectors. The wax system improves the visibility of the global supply of skins that are available for sale. It makes the skins readily available and accessible to all and reduces back-office complexities and high costs, which are involved in a centralized marketplace.
Moreover, the advisors and the founders of OPSkins are considering the use of cryptocurrencies for trading the skins and use the benefits of blockchain technology, which it undoubtedly will be the next step in this industry.
Real money trading and betting is not new in the gaming industry, and although the game publishers and developers have mostly discouraged it, it is still a booming industry. There are plenty of resources available for professionals as well as for new players to learn some tricks as they play the game and discover betting for money.
PUBG betting is getting bigger and better each year. There are a lot of matches, which may be streamed online as well, since PUBG has gotten really popular over the years. You can watch those games and then decide how you want to place your bets on PUBG.